Cruises & Beyond offers a Chinese Visa service for clients traveling to China as part of our Yangtze River and Essetnial China Tour only. We’ll make sure everything is filled out correctly on the application form, confirm that your photo matches the requirements and help expedite the approval process. The visa fee is $140. We charge an additional $35 for processing and $5 for photo taking/editing services. Requirements for our Chinese Visa service:

  • Must be a Bay Area resident.

  • Client must prepare his/her own picture according to specifications provided by the Consulate unless he/she lives in the city of San Francisco. In that case, client may come and take headshot at our offices if desired ($5 charge).

  • If we are required to mail back your passports to you, a $20 fee will be assessed for special delivery.

Instructions for China Visa Application Form

**** Must be typewritten in CAPITAL letters on the computer ****

Handwritten forms will not be accepted

Basic requirements for the China Visa:

  • One recent color headshot photo per Embassy specifics, per application form. Write name on the back of photo.

  • One application form per person (4 pages). Pages printed out separately.

  • Access the application form (typeable pdf) at the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China’s website:

  • Download and save pdf. Fill out form, save again, then print out the completed form, each page separately, and sign as instructed below.

In order to receive the 10 year, multiple entry visa, the passport must be valid for more than one year. The granting of this visa is up to the discretion of the Consulate. 

Other documents required:

  1. Your passport.

  2. A legible copy of your driver’s license.

  3. For applicants born in China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan, the Consulate will require a copy of your birth certificate and a copy of your Green Card/naturalization papers. If there was a name change, also provide a copy of the Petition of Name Change Paper (or the approval notice on the back of your Naturalization Paper), or marriage certificate showing old and current names.   

  4. If the applicant has traveled to China before but there is no visa sticker in the existing passport, provide the old passport with the old visa sticker.